Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Check Your Flyers

Chris is religious about checking the weekly store flyers. He'll sit down and check them throughout the week to make the grocery list. Typically he does the majority of the cooking as my husband enjoys being creative in the kitchen. He can whip something up in a matter of minutes with whatever we have on hand. I'm the type of person that has to plan out what I'm going to make with a recipe and every single ingredient listed. That's why I do better at baking. I find it allows me to be more exact and I enjoy the beautiful creations I make in the end a little more.

My husband/s food tastes amazing. I really enjoy everything he makes but my favorite thing is when he decides to make pork for dinner. Oh my heavens he keeps it so moist and juicy! It's better than any restaurant pork on the menu and growing up, my mum will tell you, my favorite meal was always the night's we had pork for supper.

Well, Chris found an amazing deal on pork from his favorite grocery store in this week's flyer.

As you can see, we had the potential to save a lot of money and Chris was able to get us two whole pork legs at the grocery store before someone else snagged them. He just cut them up into reusable portion sizes today. 

What's even more awesome is we're still under budget so far this month in our grocery spending. Of course, we're only at the 10th of January but we've done our major grocery store shopping this month and now we're just going to need keep a stock of the staples with a few extras.... completely doable!

I have a feeling by January 31st we'll be under budget -- at least by a few dollars -- in our grocery shopping category! Yay! Every step towards staying in budget means another step towards debt freedom!

P.S. Chris just wanted me to add this info: 20 chops, 2 loins, 2 roasts, 2 ham-hock (WOW!)

No comments:

Post a Comment