Thursday, July 12, 2018

Staying in the black!

So, since June, and our debt has been paid off. We've made a few improvements to our daily lives. Just a few a little things that I knew would happen once we became debt-free.

1. New bras! Yup, I'm getting down to the serious stuff first! It's been probably about 10 years since I bought a new bra. Well, now I have a few new ones! Whoo-hoo!
2. New underwear, too! Although it's been much more recently that new underwear was
purchased it was still time for a new set again!
3. I bought an iPad for myself and let me tell you, I LOVE IT! I've been wanting an iPad for about 5 years or so...maybe longer... It's my new baby... So much easier and quicker to do what I need to do online.
4. New TV for Chris! Yay for Chris! (and cable) He's a happy guy, and he does so much for us so I did buy him a TV for Father's Day.
5. A new set of pots and pans. There were needed and significantly reduced for a sale price. (Yes, I'm still a budgeter so I couldn't buy them without a sale!)
6. New recliner for me. Mine is literally starting to fall apart. One whole side of it is loose and we can't tighten it any further. It's being replaced this weekend.
7. New coffee table, side table and console table. All bought on a yard sale type site for a really reduced price and the guy was able to deliver the items. To counter the purchased we are in the midst of selling the furniture the new pieces have replaced. So, although we won't quite break even, it's pretty close.

Everything has been paid for with cash and we're very much in the black. We just need to replace things that were completely worn out and the TV and the iPad were little extra bonuses. We don't regret this one bit and we're pretty much not spending money on major purchases again for another year or two at least so...

The next big purchase will be the car, which we've already started to save for. In about a year or so we'll have some wheels! I'm so excited!

Paying cash or using what money we already have in our accounts has changed on lives for the better! I recommend this whole-heartedly! Any chance you get to avoid using credit DO IT! Be willing to sacrifice, save and build your own personal wealth! It'll feel sooo much better!

We still may not be where we want to be, but we've definitely made some amazing strides forward. Now, the goal of a vehicle is more obtainable and we're still debating a little bit about how to go about that, but in the meantime, we're saving up our money and trying our best to meet our financial "stay in the black!" goals every month.


No comments:

Post a Comment