Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Our Favourite Day of the Month has Arrived!!!

In our home, we love the first day of every month. It's like Christmas all over again! We get to sit down and take action on the budget we've set up for this current month. Chris and I will go through the bills, pay them and set aside money in our sinking funds for things we're saving for in the near future. I know it sounds odd, but it's just such a great high to see things getting paid in a timely manner!

We always have to wait for about the 5th of the month to pay the line of credit as that's the day the bill comes out, but thankfully it's not too long to wait for that one.

Also, I always take a moment and look back on the previous month's budget and see how we faired. I LOVED the month of April! Chris and I were able to make even more sacrifices than usual and put a larger portion of money towards our debt pay off. $1,710.01!!! Yay!!! It felt amazing!!! Like a real big accomplishment.

So, what did we sacrifice? Well, things like, miscellaneous money, a bit of my fun pocket money and we got a credit back on an Airbnb that fell through on the owners' end when Chris went down to visit his dad for his birthday in April.  The majority of that went towards debt as well. 

We are now officially in the $5,000s for our line of credit and our $600 payments are really knocking out the dental debt quickly, too.

Chris and I are staying humble and thankful but we are also really proud of ourselves, too. Every effort and stride forward we make is making a difference. We all have setbacks and things that come up that are completely unexpected but if we just get back up and keep trying again eventually we'll get there. I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful for the blessings we have to do this and the progress we've made.

I know paying off debt isn't easy, guys. Sometimes it gets overwhelming and it's just easier to enjoy the moment. You're tired, you've had a long day at work, another bill has arrived for you to pay and you still have to make dinner for you and the husband. Who gives a flying crap about paying off debt! Who cares, because the debt will NEVER go away, right? We'll always have some sort of debt. Well, look at us. We're doing it and we're sacrificing some major stuff in order to do it. I'm not saying we're perfect at it, and we may be doing it faster then some and slower than other people out there, but we are doing it. Don't compare yourself too much to others and who you do decide to compare yourself too, make sure that person or couple has great morals and ethics to emulate. It's not about who has the nicer stuff, or the prettier house. Heck, it's not about the vacation you can't afford to take or the car you drive. No, it's about if you're really living the life you're meant to live or you're wasting your time here on earth. 

Don't waste that time paying the debt for the rest of your life. Pay it off, save a little, and by that car or vacation you need with CASH! It'll feel different, trust me it really and truly will. 

I'll admit it, I get a high when I pay off my debt every month. Every cent I can put towards it just make me want to shout with absolute joy and thankfulness. I never thought we'd get here. I never thought I would get here. I can see the future; y'know that debt-free future. I want it so bad; more than anything else right now I'm able to do with my life. There are so many more possibilities with debt-freedom. Can you imagine what our life would be like if we didn't have debt at all? Wow, now that's something to think on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment